These long-term plans provide a starting point for planning a mathematics teaching programme for a year.
||Plans, by term, in the Planning Space|
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|Early level 1|
|Late level 1|
|Early level 2|
|Late level 2|
|Early level 3|
|Late level 3|
|Early level 4|
|Late level 4|
Features of the plans
Each plan provides:
- five suggested units of work for each term, representing approximately 50% of a full teaching programme
- broad coverage of the content of the mathematics and statistics learning area of the New Zealand Curriculum
- coverage of all eight aspects of the mathematics Learning Progression Framework in the first half of the year, to allow teachers to make mid-year judgements
- a Word document version of a full-year plan
- editable Planning Space links for each term; if you are logged into nzmaths, you can save, print and share your edited plans.
Completing the plans for your class
Further resources need to be added to these plans to:
- meet the specific learning needs of your class
- support your local curriculum
- provide sufficient teaching for a full year
- ensure regular practice of number knowledge to build fluency
- provide maintenance of recently learned ideas.
The Resource Finder is useful for locating appropriate additional resources from these collections on nzmaths:
- Rich learning activities
- Problem solving activities
- Figure It Out activities
- Activities from the Numeracy Development Project books
e-ako maths can be used either in small groups or independently to reinforce learning.