NA4-5: Know the equivalent decimal and percentage forms for everyday fractions.
This means students will understand decimals and percentages as equivalent fractions, for example 3/8 = 375/1000 = 0.375 and 3/8 = 37.5/100 = 37.5%. They should know the fractions for halves, thirds, quarters, fifths, eighths, and tenths as decimals and percentages and be able to convert these decimals and percentages back to their simplest fraction form, for example 0.8 = 4/5. The fractions required also include those greater than one, for example 240% = 2.4 = 12/5.
convert between fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Identify a utility need or opportunity within the school and plan a response .
- Create a design incorporating key attributes identified.
- Investigate quality and comparative costs of possible construction materials.
- Cost ‘fit for purpose’ construction materials and prepare a budget.
- Draw plans300
- Understand and describe proportion using the language of mathematics.
- Make accurate metric length measurements.
- Understand the principles of scale.
- Understand that the value of the scale factor of a reduction is less than 1 and for an enlargement is greater than 1.
- Understand that the scale300
find fractions of a litre
convert fractions to decimals
calculate the interest rate on money deposits
find fractions, decimals, percentages, of whole numbers
know fraction, decimal, and percentage equivalents
find fractions, decimals, percentages of a whole number
know equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
convert fractions with denominators of 10 and 100 to decimals
convert between fractions and decimals
Know benchmarks for converting between common fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Explore and know equivalent fractions including halves, thirds, quarters, fifths, tenths and hundredths.
- Use equivalent fractions to convert fractions to decimals and percentages.
- Use equivalent fractions to order fractions with different denominators.
match equivalent fractions, decimals, and percentages
use their knowledge of equivalent fractions to match dominoes.
convert fractions to decimals
- Use the percentage bar model to find the percentage that a part is of a whole.
- Use the percentage bar model to find a percentage amount of a whole.
- Simplify parts of a whole to common fractions to find percentages.
- Use percentages to represent the relationship between two different wholes or300
- Use double number lines, ratio tables, and converting to equivalent fractions to solve percentage problems.
- Use a calculator to solve problems with percentages.
match equivalen fractions, decimals, and percentages
Know benchmarks for converting between common fractions, decimals and percentages
simplify a fraction
convert a fracion to a percentage
find a percentage of a number using a calculator
find the probability of an event occurring
find a percentage of a whole number (calculate interest rates)
- Apply number knowledge and strategies to bank statements and budget problems.
- Consider manageability of data collection and data safety.
- Design a survey format and survey questions and gather multivariate data to answer an investigative question.
- Sort multivariate data to answer investigative300
use multiplicative strategies to solve money problems
use addition and subtraction to solve money problems