This activity provides students with a fun, game context in which to develop recognition of 5 frame patterns
develop recognition of 5 frame patterns.
Number Framework Stage
- Count all
5 Frame cards
Party Time gameboard
- Players take turns to turn over a card from the pile.
- They work out either
- how many black dots on the card
- how many more black dots to fill the card.
- If the number of black dots matches a number on their Party Time Board, the player covers the number with a counter.
- If a player already has the number covered they must miss that turn.
- Only one counter is played at each turn.
The first person to fill up their Party Time card is the winner!