- To reinforce an understanding of place value.
- To practise reading and saying larger numbers.
How to play (Juniors – 2 children)
- Each person is dealt 3 cards.
- They must pick up 1 card from the pile and then place 1 card on their board. Keep picking up cards and placing. They should end up with 3 cards still in their hand.
- The winner is the person with the biggest number on their board.
- (Encourage children to place the million ones last so that no one knows what they have up their sleeve).
How to play (Seniors – 2 children)
- Each person is dealt 7 cards.
- They must pick up 1 card from the pile, place 1 card on their board and discard one. Keep picking up cards, placing and discarding until they have one card left.
- On their next turn they place it in the last space.
- The winner is the person with the smallest/largest number on their board.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (10KB) or Word (29KB)