Skip to main content
- To increase children’s confidence in recalling basic facts to 10 quickly.
- A pack of cards with the picture cards removed (Ace is 1.)
How to play:
- Shuffle the cards well and lay out 12 cards face down, in a 4 by 3 grid.
- The remaining cards are put face down in a pile.
- Children take turns to choose 2 cards from the grid.
- If the cards add to 10 the child gets to keep the cards and replaces the 2 they have taken with 2 more.
- Continue to play until all possible combinations to 10 have been collected.
- Change the target number, for example, instead of 10, use 13 or 14.
- Change the number of cards they can choose, for example, 3 cards instead of 2.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (25KB)