Skip to main content
- To practice groupings within 10.
- Game board (PDF, 492KB)
- 1 – 10 dice or spinner
- 5 counters per player (Each player needs their own colour. You could also use green and blue milk bottle tops.)
- 10 peanuts (counters, walnut shells, plastic beans)
- Two players
How to play:
- Each player has a turn to throw the dice or spin the spinner.
- For each number they throw/spin they have to say how many more they would need to make 10. For example, if they threw a 6 they would say 6 and 4 more makes 10.
- If the 4 is not covered on the circus game board they are allowed to cover it with their coloured counter. If the 4 is already covered they miss a turn and pass the dice to the next player.
- Once all the numbers are covered the player with the most counters on the board is allowed one peanut.
- The game starts again.
- The winner is the first player to collect 5 peanuts.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (7KB) or Word (31KB)