Skip to main content
- To support and consolidate ideas of using tens by takeaway or count on in tens.
- Game board (one per player) (PDF, 4KB)
- One dice numbered 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60
- One dice numbered 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 (Blank dice covered with sticky dots before putting the numbers are useful. That means they can be used several times by just changing the dots.)
- Two, three or four players
How to play:
- Shake the dice.
- Look at the two numbers.
- Think about the strategy you would use.
- A suggestion is either to take the smaller number away from the larger one or to count on in tens from the smallest up to the largest number.
- Place a counter on the answer on your board.
- The first player to cover all their numbers is the winner.
- Support your child with the use of a number line.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (30KB)