Skip to main content
- To give practice in matching one to one on a number line, and simple subtraction.
- A die
- One number line 0 – 20
- 2 coloured counters – one for each player
How to play:
- There are only 5 turns.
- Try to get as close as possible to 20 but no-one can go past.
- Each person takes a turn to throw the dice.
- They move forward that number.
- Sometimes players need move their counter backwards.
- When 5 turns have finished players see where they have landed and subtract the number from 20. For example, if player A finishes on 17 they can either subtract 17 from 20 or count the spaces left and have 3. Player B may have finished on 19 so their difference is 1.
- The player with the least points is the winner.
- Play 5 games and keep a running total of the scores. For example player A may have 4 from the first game, then 2, 1, 4, 2 finishing after 5 games with 13 points. If player B finished with 11 points, player B would be the winner.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (27KB)