- To give practise in making fives and tens.
- Five 1- 6 dice
- Scrap paper
How to play:
- Roll 5 dice.
- Write the numbers down for example, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1.
- Roll 5 dice again.
- Write the numbers down for example, 3, 1, 5, 2, 2.
- Look at both sets of numbers and see how many groups of ten and 5 can be made crossing out the numbers used as they go. For example, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 2.
- From those numbers the following grouping can be made.
- Roll 5 dice only once and use those numbers to group.
- Roll 5 dice 4 times and use those numbers to group.
- What are the highest numbers you could get with the number of times they are rolled?
- After several sets of rolling 5 dice 3 times is there a number that appears more than once?
- Could you make a statement about what you have noticed?