Skip to main content
- To support your child's development and understanding of fractions and equivalent fractions.
- Fraction wall (one per player)(PDF, 572KB).
- 2 dice, one labeled 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 and the other labeled */2, */3, */4, */6, */8, */12. You could use blank dice and sticky label dots to write the numbers on.
- A pen for each player.
How to play:
- Players take turns to roll the two dice and make a fraction. For example, if you roll 3 and */6, you make the fraction 3/6 and colour in this section of your fraction wall.
- You will need to be more inventive as you progress through the game as 1/2 can also be represented as 3/6, 2/4 or 6/12.
- If a player is unable to colour in their fraction or equivalent fraction they miss a turn.
- The winner is the player who colours in their game board first.
- To begin with you may choose to have two players sharing a fraction wall as you build up the child’s understanding of fractions and equivalent fractions.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (23KB)