Skip to main content
- To help practice addition facts to 20.
- Game board (PDF, 39KB)
- Dice or spinner labeled 1,2,3,1,2,3
- One counter per child
- Container of treasure (buttons, milk bottle tops, walnut shells)
- 2 players
How to play:
- Each player places one counter on his or her start number.
- One player throws the dice (or spins the spinner) and both players move their counter that number of spaces in a clockwise direction.
- The first player to add the two numbers correctly gets one piece of treasure.
- It is important that each player says the addition out loud, for example, 12 + 6 = 18 or 9 + 3 = 12.
- The game continues with each child taking turns to throw the dice.
- The winner is the first player to collect 10 pieces of treasure.
- The first player to add 10 to their number.
- The first player to subtract the smallest number from the largest number.
- The first player to double the number they have landed on.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (7KB) or Word (33KB)