Skip to main content
- To give practice in making facts to 10.
- Digit cards 1-9 (PDF, 73KB)
- A number line 0 – 20
- 2 coloured counters – one for each player
How to play:
- The pack of cards is shuffled and placed face down on the table.
- Each player takes a turn to turn over a card.
- They subtract that number from 10 and move that number of spaces. For example, if player A turned over a 4 they would move 6 spaces as 4 + 6 = 10 or 10 – 4 = 6.
- Sometimes the players may need to move backwards as they need to join in every turn and they cannot go past 20.
- The winner is the player who finishes as close to 20 as possible after 5 turns.
- Use 3 packs of cards from 5 – 9 and subtract from 20. Players need to turn 2 cards over at once. If 5 and 5 are turned over they will need to move 20 – 10 spaces. Remember the same rules apply 5 turns have to be taken.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (27KB)