- To help consolidate knowledge of addition and subtraction.
- Game board (PDF, 17KB)
- Small plastic bag or rubber band
- If you are able it is a good idea to photocopy the master onto a piece of light card. Write some statements onto the bubbles on the card. For example:
- Remember: when the finished product is cut into squares the cuts will go through the middle of the bubble.
- When all the squares have been cut out, mix them up and then rejoin them just as you would with a jigsaw puzzle.
- When the puzzle is completed, congratulate yourself and then put all the pieces into a plastic bag. It can be done again or given to someone else to try.
- Use the other sheet for more able children. It can be used for addition and subtraction using larger numbers, or multiplication, division, or fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ask the children to make their own and give it to you to put together. They may want to enlist the help of someone older to help them with that task.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (10KB) or Word (30KB)