Skip to main content
- To develop an understanding of the relative positions of fractions, less than one, on a number line.
- To understand the relative sizes of fractional numbers, for example that 1/5 is smaller than ¼.
- To be able to sequence the fractions correctly.
How to play:
- You throw the dice to make a fraction number to place on the number line.
- If you throw and 5 and 1 you must make a number less than 1, that is the fraction number 1/5. Player one places their fraction number above the line while player 2 places their number under the number line.
- The winner is the first player to get 3 fractions in a row in the correct order.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (28KB)