The Ministry of Education has produced material with information and tips on getting involved in your child's reading, writing and mathematics learning while they are in years 1-8 at school. There is information for each year level to help you support your child's learning at home. There are three ways you can see this material:
- Read the summaries on education.govt.nz.
- Download a PDF from the links below.
- Request a copy by post. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the item number.
Download links for individual pamphlets:
- After 1 year at school (item 2010Y1) (3.5MB PDF)
- After 2 years at school (item 2010Y2) (3.5MB PDF)
- After 3 years at school (item 2010Y3) (3.6MB PDF)
- By the end of year 4 (item 2010Y4) (3.6MB PDF)
- By the end of year 5 (item 2010Y5) (3.5MB PDF)
- By the end of year 6 (item 2010Y6) (4.0MB PDF)
- By the end of year 7 (item 2010Y7) (4.0MB PDF)
- By the end of year 8 (item 2010Y8) (3.4MB PDF)