Tennis Ball Addition
The purpose of the activity is to practice addition basic facts
AO elaboration and other teaching resources
recall the basic addition facts
- The students are in groups of 3 with one tennis ball/koosh ball
- The first student calls out a number and passes the tennis ball to another.
- The second student calls out another number and passes the ball to the third student.
- The third student adds the two numbers and calls out the sum.
- The third student starts the game again by calling out another number.
- Option – first team to complete 10 correctly sits down.
- Subtraction can be introduced.