In this activity students use their knowledge of numbers from 13 – 20 in a random order to tell which number in the pair is greater than or less than the number.
identify the sequence of teen numbers.
Paper and pencil
- Write the numbers from 13- 20 in random order.
- Point to two of these numbers.
Which one is larger (or greater)?
Now try these two.
- When the students respond to one pair, quickly point to the next pair keeping the pace fast.
- When the students can tell which is more, repeat the task by asking which is smaller or less.
- Variations: using 2-digit numbers greater than 20.