This activity encourages the students to focus on the order of numbers.
NA2-2: Know forward and backward counting sequences with whole numbers to at least 1000.
Specific Learning Outcomes
use a number line to order numbers to 1000 (and higher)
Required Resource Materials
Pen and board or chart
- Draw the number line on the board.
- Ask: Where would you draw the number 750?
- Get the student to put a mark on the numberline.
Why did you put it there?
- Repeat with other volunteers.
- Repeat the discussion with other numbers.
- Repeat with different starting and points