To practice counting forwards and backwards with decimal numbers. This is a whole class game but can be played in small group situations where they can take turns to call the numbers. Both cards can be played at the same time which caters for differing students’ needs.
order tenths (decimals)
Cards, 1 for each student (51KB)
Numbers to call (40KB)
- Each student can choose to either have the easier card or the harder card.
- The easier card follows a sequence from the top left hand corner to the bottom right hand corner. The harder card follows a sequence on a row and starts a new one on the next row.
- All numbers need to be covered and also all the blank spaces so, for example, 1.5 may be called but only 1.4 is showing so they should put the counter on the right side of 1.4 .
- As you call the numbers the students cover their spaces.
- They should finish up with 15 counters covering 15 spaces