This activity provides students with a fun, game context in which to practice their factorisation skills. This activity builds the knowledge to help develop multiplicative strategies.
use their knowledge of basic facts to identify common factors of numbers to 100.
- Each player is dealt 7 cards, the rest are placed face down on the table.
- A card is turned over and players take it in turns to place a card on the pile.
- To place a card on the pile the card that is being placed has to have a common factor with the card face up.
- The object of the game is to be the first player to use all their cards.
- If a player can not place a card on the pile they have to pick up a card.