The purpose of this activity is to help your child to instantly recall their times tables.
Link to the Number Framework:
Number facts, Stage 6
What to do:
- Two players sit opposite each other and like the game Rock, Scissors, Paper they hold closed fists and count together to 3. Then they open their hands and show a number of fingers. The first person to correctly multiply the number of fingers each person is showing wins a point.
- Make sure numbers over 5 are displayed using all the fingers on one hand and some from the other hand.
What to expect your child to do:
- To instantly recall the times tables up to 10 x 10.
- You can also play where each player uses only one hand, or where only one player uses both hands.
- The same game can be played to practice addition facts.
He Kupu Māori: