To help your child to instantly recall their times tables.
What to do:
Two players sit opposite each other. Hold out closed fists and count to 3 together then open their hands and show a number of fingers.
The first person to multiply the two numbers showing wins a point. 5 x 1 = 5
- say 5 times 1 is 5
- it must be correct
- if it is incorrect the other player has a turn.
What to expect your child to do:
To instantly recall the times tables up to 10 x 10.
- Players just call out the answers
- You can also play where each player uses only one hand, or where only one player uses both hands.
- The same game can be played to practice addition facts.
Note: This is like a game called Rock, Paper, Scissors (Gang-gang Samoa)
He Kupu Māori:
He Whakawhitinga Kōrero:
- Whakareatia ngā tau e rua. (Multiply the two numbers.)
- Kei te tika tēnā. (That’s correct.)
- Kāore i te tika. Ko te 56 kē te otinga. (Not correct. The answer is 56.)
- Whakaretia te whā ki te toru. (Multiply 4 by 3.)
Download a file of this activity: