The purpose of this activity is to help your child learn the decimal numbers that add to make one.
Link to the Number Framework:
Number Facts, Stage 6.
What you need:
- Game board and cards (PDF, 29KB): You can print these or make your own.
- Counters, or similar.
What to do:
Play this two player game with your child.
Each player needs a game board. Start with all the cards in a pile, face down, between the two players.
- Take turns drawing one of the cards from the pile. Cover the number on your board that "makes one" with the card drawn. For example if you draw the 0.7 card, cover 0.3 with a counter.
- If the pile of cards runs out during play, shuffle cards and replace.
- The winner is the first person with all the numbers on their board covered.
What to expect your child to do:
- Know the number that "makes one" with the card drawn without having to calculate.
Related Māori vocab:
|decimal numbers||tau ā-ira|
|game board||papa tākaro|