The purpose of this activity is to help your child to learn halves of hundreds numbers to 1000. For example half of 500 is 250, half of 700 is 350.
Link to Number Framework:
Number facts, Stage 5
What you need:
- Game cards (PDF, 37KB). You can print these or make your own. Put a dot on the back of the answer cards so these can easily be matched with the halves facts.
What to do:
Use the halves of hundreds cards to play memory. The aim of the game is to find as many matching pairs as possible by remembering where the cards are.
- Spread out all the cards face down.
- Turn over 2 cards. If the cards match, for example "1/2 of 500" and "250" players get to keep the pair. If the cards don’t match, players replace them face down.
- Take turns to try and find a matching pair.
- The winner is the player with the most pairs at the end of the game.
Have many pairs can you get?
What to expect your child to do:
Make links between the hundreds numbers and their corresponding halves, and develop instant recall of this knowledge.
Related Māori vocab:
|matching cards||kāri taurite|