The purpose of this activity is to help your child with the multiplication basic facts up to the 10 times tables.
Link to the Number Framework:
Number Facts, Stage 5
What you need:
- The game template (PDF, 31KB)
- Counters in two colours
- Two markers to indicate the numbers being added.
What to do:
- Player One starts by putting a marker under two numbers in the row below the board.
- The numbers are multiplied and the answer on the board is covered with a counter of their chosen colour.
- Player Two moves only one marker to a new number in the row beneath the board. The new combination is multiplied together and the answer is covered with a counter of their chosen colour.
- Play continues until one player has four of their counters in a row vertically, horizontally or diagonally. They are the winner.
- If the answer to multiplying two markers together is already covered the player loses that turn.
Related Māori vocab:
|basic multiplication facts||meka whakareatanga matua|