The purpose of this activity is to help your child to instantly recall their addition facts to 20.
Link to the Number Framework:
Number facts, Stage 6
What you need:
- 2 Sets of number cards 0 – 10. (PDF, 35KB). You can print these or make your own.
- Cardboard. (Old cereal boxes are good)
What to do:
- Print the number cards and glue them on to cardboard or write the numbers on cardboard cards.
- Each player has a set of cards (0 - 10) they hold in a pile in their hand.<
- The players sit opposite each other. Each person turns over a card and places it on the table. The first person to correctly add the two numbers together wins a point. The cards then go back at the bottom of the player’s pile.
- Players shuffle their pack throughout the game.
What to expect your child to do:
- To instantly recall the addition facts up to 20.
- The cards can also be used in the same way for multiplying.
He Kupu Māori: