Skip to main content
- To reinforce the quick recall of basic facts: addition and multiplication.
- Pack of cards with the picture cards removed. (The aces act as 1.)
- Three players
How to play:
- Place the cards in a pile, face down.
- Two players pick up a card.
- Players do not look at their card but hold the card, facing out, on their foreheads in a “salute.”
- Player three adds the numbers on the two cards they can see and calls the answer.
- Player one and player two have to work out from the answer the value of the card on their forehead.
- The game is repeated with the players swapping their roles.
- To begin the game you could select cards from 1- 5 to form the pack face down on the table. As children become familiar with the game you can add the higher numbers.
- You could extend this by multiplying the two numbers together instead of adding them and play in the same way.
- You could extend the game with four players, three with a card on their forehead and one adding or multiplying the numbers together.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (27KB)