This activity provides students with a fun, game context in which to practice their equivalent fraction skills.
Specific Learning Outcomes
use their knowledge of equivalent fractions to match dominoes.
Required Resource Materials
Fractions Dominoes downloaded from MathCentral
- Count that there are 27 dominoes.
- Place them facedown on the table and shuffle them until they're random.
- Each player takes 7 dominoes.
- The player with the highest double goes first.
- Each player must lay a domino with equivalent value next to a domino that has already been placed. Make sure equivalent values are always touching.
- Pick up from the pile if you can’t place a domino. Keep these dominoes concealed from your opponent(s).
- Pass if no more dominoes are left in the pile.
- The winner is the first person to run out of dominoes.