In this activity we look at the number relationships 1 through to 10.
NA1-3: Know groupings with five, within ten, and with ten.
Specific Learning Outcomes
Use Five Frames to see number relationships.
Required Resource Materials
A Five Frame
- Show a transparency of a Five Frame on the OHP.
- Cover all 5 cells with counters.
- Write down or show how many counters you see.
- Turn off the light and add two more counters etc up to 9
How many are there now?
- Write the number
How did you know there were 7?
- Add and subtract counters through to 10. Ask students to write the numbers they see and tell how they know.