Students explore the concepts of angles; buildings (structures); cubes; projection (mathematics); side elevation; technical drawing; transformations and visual perception.
- Students are presented with a plan of a geometrical landscape consisting of coloured cubes, some obscured from view, constructed on a 4 x 4 grid.
- Students translate an aerial view or angled view to a profile view, producing the required front, back or side views as seen from ground level.
- Presents an aspect of spatial development and thinking that teachers value but have difficulty in managing and assessing in the classroom.
- Emphasis is on developing students' skills in translating from bird's eye views (plan representations) to orthogonal (face-on) views.
- The objects progressively increase in difficulty.
Building site: level 1
Building site: level 2
Building site: level 3
Building site: level 4