Students develop strategies for multiplication. They are invited to partition numbers so they can use known facts to help them calculate 'in their head'.
- Strategies such as 'making to 10' and 'doubling' are highlighted.
- A partitioning tool is used so students can see the effect of breaking up numbers to solve the problem using known multiplication facts.
- Multiplication tables up to 10 x 10 are provided.
- The strategies are available through an animation that appears on the launch of the learning objects and are also available as 'hints' while students work.
- The printouts show how the student solved each equation.
The multiplier: generate easy multiplications
The multiplier: make your own easy multiplications
The multiplier: generate hard multiplications
The multiplier: make your own hard multiplications
The multiplier: go figure