Students explore the concepts of angles; contour maps; geometric perspective; grids; prisms; shapes; symmetry; transformations; 2D and 3D environments and visual perception. Students are introduced to the idea of contour lines representing a shape of artificial landforms, in this case geometrical solids.
- The Contour series has been republished to use Flash M
- Students are shown how different shapes have different contour line patterns.
- Students match 'landforms' and their contour representations then position them correctly to create a corresponding map.
- Students can choose between 2 and 6 objects to map.
- They are able to check the choice and placement of each object as they work.
Contours: about contours
Contours: mystery shapes
Contours: loony landscapes