Skip to main content
- To give practise in reading and interpreting numbers 0 -10.
How to Play:
- Place the two sets of cards face down and side by side on the floor.
- Ask your child to turn over one of the digit cards and then an action card.
- If it is 3 and a clapping action they clap their hands 3 times. If the next one is 5 and the action is star jumps they have to do 5 star jumps.
- If they turn over a zero they stop their turn and someone else has a turn. Sometimes it is better to have more zeros than other numbers.
- Build 2 other action card piles. If a 4 card is turned over then they may do 4 claps, 4 star jumps and 4 nods of the head. Using 0-5 for that activity may be better as the children could become very tired although that may be a good thing to happen.
Download a file of this activity:
PDF (8KB) or Word (27KB)